Economic Overview - Dashboard
Economic Overview - Dashboard (online - opens in a new tab)
A PDF version of the dashboard and the associated data are available at this link.
Economy & Labour Market - A summary of key statistics
This slide pack provides a high-level statistical summary of the Northern Ireland economy and labour market and should be considered in conjunction with the detailed supporting information and commentary that can be accessed via the various links and associated sources that have been highlighted. NI Economy & Labour Market - A summary of key statistics.
Latest Labour Market Report
Next Northern Ireland Labour Market Report: 18th February 2020
At a glance
Labour Force Survey
- The unemployment rate (16+) for the period Sep-Nov 2019 was estimated at 2.3%
- The number of persons in employment (16+) in the period Sep-Nov 2019 was estimated at 881,000
- The seasonally adjusted economic inactivity rate (16-64) for Sep-Nov 2019 was estimated at 25.7%
Claimant Count (experimental)
- NI claimant count (experimental) increased over the year
- NI claimant count (experimental) in December 2019 was 29,900, 3.2% of the workforce
Quarterly Employment Survey
- The number of (seasonally adjusted) employee jobs in September 2019 was estimated at a record high of 782,670
Composite Economic Index
- Northern Ireland’s economic output increased in real terms over the quarter (0.3%) and the year (1.0%) to Quarter 2 2019.
Index of Services
- Services output in NI decreased in Quarter 3 by 0.1% but increased by 0.6% over the year.
Index of Production
- The NI IOP decreased by 2.2% over the quarter (Jul-Sep) and by 0.8% over the year.
Northern Ireland Broad Economy Sales and Exports Statistics (BESES)
- Total sales by companies in Northern Ireland were estimated to be worth £68.4 billion in 2018.
Index of Construction
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2019 decreased by 5.6% compared with Q1 2019.
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings
- Weekly earnings increased over the year to April 2019 in nominal (3.3%) and real terms (1.2%) to £535.
- 143 confirmed redundancies in December 2019