Claimant Count Annual Average Maps
Next Northern Ireland Labour Market Report: 13th November 2018
Latest Labour Market Report
At a glance
Labour Force Survey
- The unemployment rate (16+) for the period Jun-Aug 2018 was estimated at 4.3%
- The number of persons in employment (16+) in the period Jun-Aug 2018 was estimated at 843,000
- The seasonally adjusted economic inactivity rate (16-64) for Jun-Aug 2018 was estimated at 27.5%
Claimant Count (experimental)
- The seasonally adjusted claimant count decreased by 100 from last month's revised total. It now stands at 28,100 (3.1% of the workforce) in September 2018
Quarterly Employment Survey
- Seasonally adjusted estimates from the Quarterly Employment Survey show that there were 765,100 employee jobs in June 2018.
Composite Economic Index
- The Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI) results show that NI economic activity was estimated to have increased by 1.2% in real terms from Quarter 1 (January – March) 2018 to Quarter 2 (April – June) 2018.
Index of Services
- Services output in Northern Ireland (NI), in real terms, increased over the quarter by 1.3% and over the year by 3.4%.
Index of Production
- The NI IOP has increased over the quarter for the third consecutive quarter (0.9%).
Index of Construction
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2018 increased by 6.2% compared with Q1 2018 and was 2.5% lower compared to the same quarter in 2017
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings
Median gross weekly earnings for full-time employees in April 2018 were £521, an increase of 4.2% from £500 in 2017. This is the largest increase recorded since 2015 (5.4%)
- During September 2018 the Department was notified of 84 confirmed redundancies in Northern Ireland