Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest results - published 8th April 2021
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2020 increased by 14.9% from Quarter 3 2020 to a 10 year high. Construction output increased by 10.3% over the year but decreased by 5.7% on a rolling four quarter basis.
- In the past two quarters, the total volume of construction output has shown growth following a decrease of 29.7% seen in Quarter 2 2020. Despite these increases there have been annual decreases in 5 of the last 7 quarters.
- The increase in overall output in Quarter 4 2020 from the previous quarter was driven by increases in New Work (+15.8%) and Repair and Maintenance (+15.6%).
- The output in Repair and Maintenance has increased over the year by 15.0%, this is the first quarterly annual increase recorded since Quarter 1 2019.
- In Quarter 4 2020, both the Housing (+21.1%) and Infrastructure (+13.9%) sub-sectors showed an increase when compared with the previous quarter, this was partially offset by a 3.4% decrease in Other Work over the quarter.
- Despite fluctuations the volume of Other Work has been on a downward trend since Quarter 4 2017, where the annualised growth rate has shown a decrease every quarter since Quarter 2 2018.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 8th July 2021. This will cover the period of 1st January to 31st March 2021. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.