Latest results - published 11th April 2019
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2018 decreased by 4.0% compared with Q3 2018, and was 1.7% lower compared to the same quarter in 2017 (Figure 1). Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q4 2018 from the previous quarter was accounted for by a 0.4% decrease in New Work and a 6.8% decrease in Repair and Maintenance.
- In Q4 2018, there were decreases in Housing (-12.0%) and Other Work (-7.5%) however there was an increase in Infrastructure (+13.3%), compared with the previous quarter.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 18th July 2019. This will cover the period of 1st January to 31st March 2019. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.