Latest results - published 12th January 2023
- The total volume of construction output decreased by 4.2% over the third quarter of 2022 and decreased by 6.2% over the year. Comparing the most recent four quarters to the previous four quarters also showed a decrease in output over the medium term (5.0%).
- Construction output is 4.9% below the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019 but remains 40.1% above the series low seen in Quarter 2 2020.
- Construction output has seen the fourth consecutive quarter of annual decline (6.2%) after four consecutive quarters of annual growth between Quarter 4 2020 and Quarter 3 2021.
- The decrease in overall output in Quarter 3 2022 from the previous quarter was driven by a decrease within New Work (6.7%), slightly offset by an increase in Repair and Maintenance (1.0%).
- The decrease over the year to Quarter 3 2022 in construction output was also driven by a decrease within New Work (10.4%), offset by an increase in Repair and Maintenance (2.9%).
- In Quarter 3 2022, both Housing (9.3%) and Other Work (1.7%) subsectors decreased over the quarter, offset by an increase within the Infrastructure (4.8%) subsector.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 30th March 2023. This will cover the period of 1st October to 31st December 2022. Full publication schedule
Historical statistical bulletins for the Quarterly Construction Enquiry (quarter 1 2004 to quarter 1 2022) are retained on our historical bulletins page. Statistical bulletins from quarter 2 2022 onwards can be found under related documents.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.