Latest results - published 31st March 2022
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, the total volume of construction output increased by 0.7% over the quarter, decreased by 6.1% over the year and increased by 11.5% on a rolling four quarter basis. Construction output is 3.8% above the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019.
- Construction output has seen an increase within the annualised growth rate in Quarter 4 2021 for the third consecutive quarter after five consecutive quarters of decline between Quarter 1 2020 and Quarter 1 2021.
- The increase in the overall output in Quarter 4 2021 from the previous quarter was driven by an increase within Repair and Maintenance (+3.1%), which was offset by a decrease in New Work (-3.0%) over the quarter.
- The decrease over the year to Quarter 4 2021 in construction output was driven by decreases within both New Work (-9.3%) and Repair and Maintenance (-0.7%).
- In Quarter 4 2021, both the Infrastructure (+1.1%) and Housing (+1.0%) subsectors increased over the quarter, offset by a decrease within the Other Work (-3.6%) subsector when compared with the previous quarter.
- The annual decreases seen within the Housing (-7.6%) and Infrastructure (-2.7%) subsectors in Quarter 4 2021 were the first annual declines after four consecutive quarters of growth between Quarter 4 2020 and Quarter 3 2021.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 7th July 2022. This will cover the period of 1st January to 31st March 2022. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Stephanie.Bruce@nisra.gov.uk with the title of the publications you would like to receive.