Latest results - published 28 September 2023
- The total volume of construction output decreased by 4.1% over the second quarter of 2023. However, over the year, construction output has increased by 5.8%.
- Comparing the most recent four quarters to the previous four quarters also showed an increase in output (3.5%).
- Construction output is 4.5% above the pre-pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019 and is 54.0% above the series low seen in Quarter 2 2020.
- The decrease in overall output seen in Quarter 2 2023 from the previous quarter was driven by decreases within both New Work (0.1%) and Repair and Maintenance (6.9%).
- In Quarter 2 2023, both Infrastructure (6.0%) and Other Work (1.8%) subsectors decreased. However, the Housing subsector increased (2.0%) over the quarter.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 11 January 2024. This will cover the period of 1 October to 31 December 2023. Full publication schedule
Historical statistical bulletins for the Quarterly Construction Enquiry (quarter 1 2004 to quarter 1 2022) are retained on our historical bulletins page. Statistical bulletins from quarter 2 2022 onwards can be found under related documents.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.