Latest results - published 8th July 2021
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2021 decreased by 5.3% over the quarter, increased by 5.8% over the year but decreased by 3.8% on a rolling four quarter basis.
- Construction Output has seen 5 consecutive quarters of decline within the annualised growth rate.
- The decrease in overall output in Quarter 1 2021 from the previous quarter was driven by a decrease in New Work (-7.7%) slightly offset by an increase within Repair and Maintenance (+0.3%).
- The output in Repair and Maintenance has increased over the quarter by 0.3% to reach a series high in Quarter 1 2021.
- In Quarter 1 2021, both the Housing (-9.6%) and Other Work (-2.9%) sub-sectors showed a decrease when compared with the previous quarter, this was partially offset by a 1.7% increase in Infrastructure over the quarter.
- Despite fluctuations the volume of Other Work has been on a downward trend since Quarter 4 2017, where the annualised growth rate has shown a decrease every quarter since Quarter 2 2018.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 30th September 2021. This will cover the period of 1st April to 30th June 2021. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.