Latest results - published 10th October 2019
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2019 decreased by 5.6% compared with Q1 2019, and was 1.5% lower compared with the same quarter in 2018. Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q2 2019 from the previous quarter was driven by a 6.0% decrease in Repair and Maintenance and a 2.8% decrease in New Work.
- In Q2 2019, there was an increase in Infrastructure (+2.4%) and decreases in Housing (-10.7%) and Other Work (-5.6%) compared with the previous quarter.
Current publication and tables
Notices of change
- Revision Notice - Data Smoothing Q2 2017
- Information Notice - Delay in Publication Q2 2017
- Methodological notice - Change of base year
- Revision notice - New Work and R&M series
- Historical Data
- Information for participants
- Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch
The next Northern Ireland Construction Bulletin will be published on 16th January 2020. This will cover the period of 1st July to 30th September 2019. Full publication schedule
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.