Latest Results (Quarter 1 2019) - Published 13th June 2019
- Services output in NI decreased in Quarter 1 (January – March) 2019 by 0.4%, but increased over the year, from Quarter 1 2018 to Quarter 1 2019, by 0.7%. Last quarter NI output was at its highest point over the past ten years, but is now 0.4% lower and is 2.8% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began. Services output in NI has recovered 11.0% since the lowest point (Quarter 2 2013) since the series began.
- The UK IOS reported growth in output over both the quarter and year, by 0.3% and 2.0% respectively.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, both the NI and UK services sectors showed annualised growth, of 1.9%.
- The quarterly decrease in NI services output has been driven by decreases in the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (1.0%) and the Transport, storage, information and communications (2.2%) sectors. These decrease were partially offset by increases in the Business services and finance (2.5%) and Other services (1.2%) sectors.
- The annual increase in NI services output has been driven by increases in the Business services and finance (3.1%); Other services (2.8%); and Transport, storage, information and communications (0.1%) sectors. The Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service sector fell by 0.1%.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.