Latest Results (Quarter 3 2019) - Published 19th December 2019
- Services output in NI decreased in Quarter 3 by 0.1% but increased by 0.6% over the year. NI services output is 0.1% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2018) over the past ten years, and is 1.6% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began. Services output in NI has recovered 11.8% since the lowest point (Quarter 2 2013) since the series began.
- The UK IOS reported growth in output over both the quarter (0.4%) and the year (1.4%).
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI and UK services sectors showed annualised growth (1.0% and 2.0% respectively).
- The quarterly decrease in NI services output has been driven by decreases in the Business services and finance (0.6%), Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (0.3%) and Transport, storage, information and communications (0.2%) sectors. This decrease was partially offset by an increase in the Other services (3.3%) sector.
- The annual increase in NI services output has been driven by increases in the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (1.5%) and the Other services (2.4%) sectors. Both and the Transport, storage, information and communications (4.6%) and Business services and finance (0.1%) sectors saw decreases.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.