Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 4 2019) - Published 19th March 2020
- Services output in NI saw no change (0.0%) in Quarter 4 but decreased by 0.2% over the year. NI services output is 0.2% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2018) in the past ten years, and is 1.7% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began. Services output in NI has recovered by 11.6% from the lowest point (Quarter 2 2013) since the series began.
- UK IOS output grew over both the quarter (0.1%) and the year (1.2%).
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI and UK services sectors both grew, by 0.3% and 1.8% respectively.
- Whilst there was no quarterly change in NI services output there were increases and decreases at sector level. Both the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (0.6%) and Business services and finance (0.5%) sectors saw decreases. These decreases were offset by increases in the Transport, storage, information and communications (0.8%) and the Other services (0.6%) sectors.
- The annual decrease in NI services output has been driven by decreases in the Transport, storage, information and communications (1.6%) and the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (0.5%) sectors. Both the Other services (2.9%) and the Business services and finance (0.8%) sectors saw increases.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.