Latest Results (Quarter 2 2019) - Published 12th September 2019
- Services output in NI increased in Quarter 2 by 0.8% and increased by 0.5% over the year. NI services output is at its highest point over the past ten years, but is 2.6% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began. Services output in NI has recovered 11.3% since the lowest point (Quarter 2 2013) since the series began.
- The UK IOS reported growth in output over both the quarter (0.1%) and the year (1.6%).
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI and UK services sectors showed annualised growth (1.3% and 1.9% respectively).
- The quarterly increase in NI services output has been driven by increases in the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (2.2%) and the Business services and finance (0.6%) sector. These increases were partially offset by a decrease in the Other services (2.8%) sector. There was no change in output in the Transport, storage, information and communications sector.
- The annual increase in NI services output has been driven by increases in the Business services and finance (2.8%); and the Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service (1.7%) sectors. Both the Other services (2.8%) and the Transport, storage, information and communications (6.5%) sectors saw decreases.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.