Latest Results (Quarter 2 2018) - Published 13th September 2018
- Services output in Northern Ireland (NI), in real terms, increased over the quarter by 1.3% and over the year by 3.4%. The services index has seen growth over each of the previous four quarters and is now at the highest point since Quarter 2 (April – June) 2008 and is 2.8% lower than the highest point since the series began (Q4 2006).
- The UK IOS reported growth in output over both the quarter and year, by 0.5% and 1.5% respectively.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI services sectors showed annualised growth of 1.9% to Quarter 2 2018, whilst the UK services sector showed slightly lower annualised growth of 1.5%.
- The NI IOS has recovered by 11.1% since the recent minimum value recorded in Quarter 2 (April - June) 2012. UK output has recovered by 14.2% over the same time period.
- The quarterly increase in NI services output has been largely driven by increases in the Transport, storage, information and communications (5.7%), Other services (1.6%) and Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service sectors (0.3%).
- Similarly, the annual increase in NI services output has been driven by increases in the Transport, storage, information and communications (11.9%) and Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles; accommodation and food service sectors (2.7%).
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.