Latest Results (Quarter 3 2021) - Published 16 December 2021
- The NI IOP showed no change (0.0%) over the quarter (July - September) and increased by 3.6% over the year.
- The UK IOP reported increases of 0.7% over the quarter and 3.7% over the year.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI production sector increased by 8.1% while the UK production sector increased by 4.2%.
- The NI IOP is 0.1% below the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019, while the UK is 2.1% below Quarter 4 2019.
- Two of the four main sectors reported increases over the quarter: Manufacturing (0.3%) and Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (6.9%). Decreases have been reported in the Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (1.8%) and Mining and quarrying (3.5%) sectors.
- The annual increase in NI production output of 3.6% was driven by increases in all four of the main sectors: Manufacturing (0.5%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (30.0%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (2.6%) and Mining and quarrying (12.8%).
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.