Latest Results (Quarter 4 2022) - Published 16 March 2023
- The NI IOP decreased by 0.6% over the quarter (October - December) and by 1.0% over the year.
- When looking at the revised series, NI IOP has shown a decrease in three of the last 4 quarters.
- The UK IOP reported decreases of 0.2% over the quarter and 4.2% over the year.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI production sector increased by 2.6% while the UK production sector decreased by 3.6%.
- The NI IOP is 4.5% above the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019, while the UK is 1.4% above its Quarter 4 2019 level.
- The quarterly decrease in NI production output of 0.6% was driven by decreases in Manufacturing (0.1%), Mining and quarrying sector (7.4%) and Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (9.5%). This was offset by an increase in Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (1.7%).
- The annual decrease in NI production output of 1.0% was driven by decreases in Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (9.5%) and Mining and quarrying (18.8%). This was offset by increases in Manufacturing (0.9%) and Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (4.3%).
Current publication and tables
Index of Production Quarter 4 2022 statistical bulletin and data tables
Historical statistical bulletins for the Index of Production (Quarter 1 2014 to Quarter 4 2021) are retained on the Index of Production - historical statistical bulletins page. Statistical bulletins from Quarter 1 2022 onwards can be found under related documents.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.