Latest Results (Quarter 3 2017) - Published 13th December 2017
- Provisional results from the Index of Production (IOP) for the third quarter (July-September) of 2017 showed that output in Northern Ireland (NI) fell sharply in real terms over the quarter and year (to quarter 3 2017) by 3.6% and 6.5% respectively
- The quarterly and annual decline in production output is driven by a substantial decline in the Food, Beverages and Tobacco sub sector (18.1% fall over the quarter and 38.9% over the year)
- In the UK as a whole, production output rose over the quarter (1.1%) and year (1.8%)
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, output in the NI production sector decreased by 1.4%, with the whole of the UK reporting growth on this basis (1.7%)
- Despite the fall in Quarter 3 2017, the output from the overall production industries (seasonally adjusted) is still 6.9% above the low point recorded in Quarter 3 2009
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.