Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 4 2020) - Published 18th March 2021
- The NI IOP decreased by 0.3% over the quarter (October - December) and decreased by 1.4% over the year.
- The UK IOP reported an increase over the quarter (1.7%) and a decrease over the year (4.3%).
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, the NI production sector decreased by 7.0% while the UK production sector decreased by 8.6%.
- The quarterly decrease in production output of 0.3% has been driven by decreases in three of the four main sectors: Manufacturing (0.6%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (0.8%) and Mining and quarrying (6.3%). This was offset by an increase in Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (10.2%).
- The annual decrease in NI production output of 1.4% was driven by decreases in three of the four main sectors: Manufacturing (0.9%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (1.8%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (6.0%) and was offset by an increase in Mining and quarrying (15.0%).
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.