Latest Results (Quarter 2 2018) - Published 13th September 2018
- The NI IOP has increased over the quarter for the third consecutive quarter (0.9%).
- The UK IOP reported a fall in output over the quarter of 0.9% and an increase of 1.4% over the year.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters, NI output is divergent to the UK. NI output decreased by 4.1%, whilst the UK reports annualised growth of 2.0%.
- The IOP has recovered by 11.3% since the recent minimum value recorded in Quarter 3 (July – September) 2009. In comparison the UK has recovered by 6.1% over the same period.
- The quarterly increase in production output has largely been driven by increases in the Manufacturing (1.3%), Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (2.1%) and Mining and quarrying sectors (15.1%). This was partially offset by a fall in Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply of 3.4%.
- The annual increase in NI production output of 0.1% was driven by increases in Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (9.8%) and Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (2.5%).
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.