Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 2 2020) - Published 17th September 2020
- The NI IOP decreased by 14.9% over the quarter (April - June) and by 22.2% over the year to a series low. This quarterly decrease is the largest quarterly change in the history of the NI IOP (since Quarter 1 2005).
- Prior to Quarter 2 2020, the previous series low in the NI IOP was in Quarter 3 2009 and the NI index is currently 13.8% below this point.
- The UK IOP reported a decrease over the quarter (16.9%) and a decrease over the year (18.8%) to a series low.
- The quarterly decrease in production output of 14.9% has been driven by decreases in all four of the main sectors: Manufacturing (14.6%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (19.2%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (7.2%) and Mining and quarrying (20.0%).
- The annual decrease in NI production output of 22.2% was driven by decreases in all four of the main sectors: Manufacturing (21.8%); Water supply, sewerage and waste management (Inc. recycling) (28.3%); Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (14.4%) and Mining and Quarrying (32.7%).
- This release captures the direct effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and measures taken to reduce transmission of the virus. The most significant was the introduction of restrictions in movement, which began on 23 March 2020. Quarter 2 (April to June) 2020 is the first quarter that has been affected from start to finish.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.