BRES 2022 Published 26th September 2023
- The total employment in Northern Ireland in September 2022 was 836,873. The largest proportion of working owners was in Construction (6,161 or 14% of total Construction employment).
- The total number of employee jobs in Northern Ireland in September 2022 was 805,848, an increase of 13,222 (1.7%) since September 2021.
- The increase in employee jobs was driven mainly by growth in the Service industry (11,193 jobs), which was responsible for 85% of the total increase.
- Construction jobs continued to grow, with an increase of 2.2% (829 jobs) recorded over the year to September 2022. Growth was higher than in the previous year (0.8%).
- Manufacturing jobs increased by 1,323 jobs (1.5%) over the year to September 2022. Growth remained the same as the previous year (1.5%).
- All district council areas in Northern Ireland saw an increase in employee jobs, except for Mid and East Antrim, which saw a small, insignificant decline of 20 jobs. Lisburn and Castlereagh experienced the largest percentage increase, with 2,018 (3.3%) additional jobs .
Latest publication and tables
Historical publications and tables
Ad hoc Queries
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.