BRES 2018 published 27th June 2019
- The total number of employee jobs in Northern Ireland in September 2018 was 771,379, an increase of 15,014 jobs (2.0%) since September 2017.
- The increase in employee jobs was mainly driven by growth in the service industry (10,405 jobs) which was responsible for 69% of the total increase.
- The manufacturing sector increased by 3,146 jobs or 3.8% over the year to September 2018. The equivalent growth for the previous year was 3.6%.
- Construction jobs continued to grow with an increase of 2.6% (891 jobs) over the year to September 2018. However, growth has reduced from the previous year which was 4.7%.
- All District Council areas in Northern Ireland saw an increase in employee jobs except for Antrim & Newtownabbey, where a small decrease (1.0%) was observed over the year to September 2018. It should be noted that a proportion of the District Council area changes in employee jobs over the year can be attributed to the relocation of jobs within Northern Ireland.
Latest publication and tables
NOTIFICATION OF A BREACH OF THE CODE OF PRACTICE FOR STATISTICS
Practice T3.6 of the Code of Practice for Statistics requires: Statistics should be released to all users at 9:30am on a weekday.
The release of the BRES 2018 statistical report and associated tables was delayed past the required 09:30 time on 27 June 2019.
This breach will be reported to the National Statistician and the report is published here.
Historical publications and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.