BRES 2019 published 30th June 2020
- The total number of employee jobs in Northern Ireland in September 2019 was 785,870, an increase of 14,491 (1.9%) since September 2018.
- The increase in employee jobs was mainly driven by growth in the service industry (13,187 jobs) which was responsible for 91% of the total increase.
- The manufacturing sector increased by 830 jobs (1.0%) over the year to September 2019. However, growth slowed as the equivalent increase for the previous year was 3.8%.
- Construction jobs continued to grow with an increase of 0.8% (276 jobs) over the year to September 2019. However, growth was seen to slow on the previous year (2.6%).
- All District Council areas in Northern Ireland saw an increase in employee jobs except for Ards and North Down, where a small decrease (104) was observed over the year to September 2019. Belfast experienced the largest increase, with 4,559 additional jobs, whereas Derry City and Strabane and Antrim and Newtownabbey saw the largest percentage increase (3.9%).
Note: These data were collected on 2nd September 2019. This pre-dates the introduction of any COVID-19 restrictions, and the impact on the labour market.
Latest publication and tables
Historical publications and tables
Ad hoc Queries
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.