The tables containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 6 October 2023 were released at 9.30am today.
Date of registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 6 October 2023 (week 40) was 297, 20 less than the previous week, and 22 less than the 2018-2022 5-year average (319).
- Seven deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 40 of 2023, three less than the previous week. These represented 2.4% of all deaths registered in that week.
- For 2023, by 6 October, 49.7% of deaths were males and 50.3% were females. Approximately two-thirds (67.1%) of deaths were in the 75 years and over age group.
- From week 1 of 2023 to week ending 6 October, there have been 13,152 deaths registered. 6,241 (47.5%) of these took place in hospital, 2,264 (17.2%) in care homes and 4,647 (35.3%) at residential addresses, hospices, or other locations.
Date of death
- The provisional number of deaths occurring in the week ending 6 October (including those registered up to and including 11 October 2023) was 204.
- At time of reporting, six Covid-19 related deaths had occurred in the week ending 6 October, bringing the total number of deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate having occurred from week 1 of 2023 to 6 October 2023 (including those registered up to and including 11 October 2023), to 368.
The tables are available from the weekly deaths webpage.
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 1 December 2023 08 December 2023
- Winter Mortality in Northern Ireland 2022/23 07 December 2023
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023