The tables containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 3 November 2023 were released at 9.30am today.
Date of registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 3 November 2023 (week 44) was 341, six more than the previous week, but three less than the 2018-2022 5-year average (344).
- Nine deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 44 of 2023, three less than the previous week. These represented 2.6% of all deaths registered in that week.
- For 2023, by 3 November, 49.6% of deaths were males and 50.4% were females. Approximately two-thirds (67.2%) of deaths were in the 75 years and over age group.
- From week 1 of 2023 to week ending 3 November, there have been 14,407 deaths registered. 6,854 (47.6%) of these took place in hospital, 2,496 (17.3%) in care homes and 5,057 (35.1%) at residential addresses, hospices, or other locations.
Date of death
- The provisional number of deaths occurring in the week ending 3 November (including those registered up to and including 8 November 2023) was 261.
- At time of reporting, eight Covid-19 related deaths had occurred in the week ending 3 November, bringing the total number of deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate having occurred from week 1 of 2023 to 3 November 2023 (including those registered up to and including 8 November 2023), to 411.
The tables are available from the weekly deaths webpage.
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email email@example.com
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 1 December 2023 08 December 2023
- Winter Mortality in Northern Ireland 2022/23 07 December 2023
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023