The tables containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 2 July 2021 was released at 9.30am today.
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 2 July 2021 (week 26) was 272, 47 less than the previous week and 13 less than the 2016 to 2020 5-year average.
- One death mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate was registered in week 26 of 2021, accounting for 0.4% of all deaths registered in that week and bringing the total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic to 2,982 by 2 July 2021.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 2 July 2021, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for over three-quarters (76.1%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Antrim & Newtownabbey, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (9.7%, 12.0% and 8.4% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (8.0%, 10.4% and 6.5% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- A total of 2,983 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred from 18 March 2020 to 2 July 2021 (including those registered up to and including 7 July). The comparative number of deaths reported by the Department of Health (DoH) to 2 July was 2,156.
- One Covid-19 related death occurred in week ending 2 July.
- Of these 2,983 deaths involving Covid-19, 1,975 (66.2%) occurred in hospital, 777 (26.0%) occurred in care homes, 14 (0.5%) occurred in hospices and 217 (7.3%) occurred at residential addresses or another location.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The tables and other related documents are available from the weekly deaths webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Register and Employment Survey 2020 03 August 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 23 July 2021 30 July 2021
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 12 Results 29 July 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 16 July 2021 23 July 2021