The tables containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 10 November 2023 were released at 9.30am today.
Date of registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 10 November 2023 (week 45) was 386, 45 more than the previous week, and 28 more than the 2018-2022 5-year average (358).
- 14 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 45 of 2023, five more than the previous week. These represented 3.6% of all deaths registered in that week.
- For 2023, by 10 November, 49.6% of deaths were males and 50.4% were females. Approximately two-thirds (67.1%) of deaths were in the 75 years and over age group.
- From week 1 of 2023 to week ending 10 November, there have been 14,793 deaths registered. 7,020 (47.5%) of these took place in hospital, 2,569 (17.4%) in care homes and 5,204 (35.2%) at residential addresses, hospices, or other locations.
Date of death
- The provisional number of deaths occurring in the week ending 10 November (including those registered up to and including 15 November 2023) was 265.
- At time of reporting, seven Covid-19 related deaths had occurred in the week ending 10 November, bringing the total number of deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate having occurred from week 1 of 2023 to 10 November 2023 (including those registered up to and including 15 November 2023), to 421.
The tables are available from the weekly deaths webpage.
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email email@example.com
- Census 2021 update 24 November 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 17 November 2023 24 November 2023
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET): July to September 2023 23 November 2023
- PPS publishes latest statistical bulletin on cases involving sexual offences 23 November 2023