The Labour Force Survey latest results published 13th August 2019
- The latest NI seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the period April-June 2019 was estimated from the Labour Force Survey at 3.1%. The unemployment rate increased over the quarter by 0.2 percentage points (pps) and decreased by 0.6pps over the year. The changes in the unemployment rate over the quarter and over the year were not statistically significant, i.e. the recorded changes did not exceed the variability expected from a sample survey of this size.
- The NI unemployment rate (3.1%) was below the UK rate (3.9%), the European Union (6.3%) rate for May 2019 and the Republic of Ireland (4.5%) rate for June 2019.
- The employment rate (72.2%) increased over the quarter by 0.9pps and over the year by 2.6pps to the highest on record. The annual change was statistically significant, i.e. the recorded change exceeded the variability expected from a sample survey of this size and is likely to reflect real change.
- The economic inactivity rate (25.5%) decreased over the quarter by 1.1pps and over the year by 2.2pps to the lowest rate on record. The annual change was statistically significant, i.e. the recorded change exceeded the variability expected from a sample survey of this size and is likely to reflect real change.
Labour Market Report
- Latest tables from the Labour Force Survey - Monthly
- Latest tables from the Labour Force Survey - Quarterly
- Labour Force Survey time series
- Work Quality tables - April 2019
- Tables from the Quarterly Supplement
- Tables from the Annual Report 2018
- Labour Force Survey Annual Report 2018
- Quarterly Supplement April-June 2018
- Women in Northern Ireland 2018
- Historical series 1984-1991
- Labour Market Reports - Historical
- Quarterly Supplement to the Labour Market Report - Historical
- Labour Force Survey Women in Northern Ireland - Historical
- Local Area Database - Historical
- Annual Report - Historical
User requested data
Labour market statistics are published regularly throughout the year. We also produce bespoke tables if users request data that are not already available.
A list of published bespoke tables is available from the User requested data page
ELMS publication schedule
Upcoming publication dates from the Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch, including all Labour Force Survey publications, can be found here.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.