Labour market statistics consultation 2019
The Labour Market Statistics Consultation was launched on the 8th of July 2019 and closed on the 16th of August 2019. The consultation gave users the opportunity to comment on our economic activity, jobs, unemployment, redundancies and earnings outputs from the Economic and Labour Market Statistics (ELMS) Branch at NISRA.
Responses to the consultation and a copy of the questionnaire are available to download from the Labour Market Statistics Consultation 2019 page. The views expressed in each response are those of the respondent and do not necessarily reflect NISRA's views. All responses to the consultation are Anonymous.
Labour market user group meeting 2019
Date: Tuesday 24th September 2019, 10:00-12 noon.
Location: Colby House, Stranmillis Court, Belfast, BT9 5RR.
Summary: The User Group event will include a presentation from Ian O’Sullivan (Head of Household Survey Statistical Transformation in ONS) who will outline recent tests and planned developments in the collection of labour market statistics and the transformation of the Labour Force Survey. This will be followed by a series of short presentations from NISRA statisticians on developments in a range of labour market statistics from administrative and survey sources and an opportunity for users to ask questions and provide feedback on changes.
Labour market user group meeting agenda:
- Introduction and consultation results - ELMS - Cathryn Blair
Labour Force Survey
- ONS Social Survey Transformation - ONS - Ian O'Sullivan
- NI Labour Force Survey Operations - Central Survey Unit (CSU) - Ruth Hewitt
- NI Labour Force Survey Outputs - ELMS - Carly Gordon
Jobs, Vacancies and Redundancies
- Business Register & Employment Survey (BRES) changes - ELMS - Arlene Connolly
- Vacancy Survey - ELMS - Arlene Connolly
- Redundancy Statistics - ELMS - Ashleigh Warwick
- Understanding Universal Credit - Department for Communities (DfC) - Stuart Gilmore
- Developments in statistics on tertiary education, training and apprenticeships - DfE - Jamie Stainer and Brian French
- Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings - ELMS - Ashleigh Warwick
- Administrative Data - Real Time Information from PAYE system - ELMS - Ashleigh Warwick
- Final comments and close
The Labour Market User Group Presentation 2019 is now available with all slides presented on the 24th September 2019.