The bulletin containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 18 June 2021 was released at 9.30am today.
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 18 June 2021 (week 24) was 313, 48 less than the previous week and 23 more than the 2016 to 2020 5-year average.
- One death mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate was registered in week 24 of 2021, accounting for 0.3% of all deaths registered in that week and bringing the total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic to 2,979 by 18 June 2021.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 18 June 2021, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for over three-quarters (76.1%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Antrim & Newtownabbey, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (9.7%, 12.0% and 8.4% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (8.1%, 10.3% and 6.5% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- 2,980 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred in total from 18 March 2020 to 18 June 2021 (including those registered up to and including 23 June). The comparative number of deaths reported by the Department of Health (DoH) to 18 June was 2,155.
- One Covid-19 related death occurred in week ending 18 June, the lowest number registered in one week since the end of July 2020.
- Of these 2,980 deaths involving Covid-19, 1,973 (66.2%) occurred in hospital, 776 (26.0%) occurred in care homes, 14 (0.5%) occurred in hospices and 217 (7.3%) occurred at residential addresses or another location.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The bulletin and other related documents are available from the latest weekly deaths bulletin webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 24 November 2023 01 December 2023
- Digital Skills in Northern Ireland 2022/23 30 November 2023