The tables and bulletin containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 10 June 2022 were released at 9.30am today.
Date of registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 17 June 2022 (week 24) was 298, 44 less than the previous week and five more than the 2017-2021 5-year average (293).
- Four deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 24 of 2022, eight less than the previous week. These represented for 1.3% of all deaths registered in that week.
- The total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic was 4,645 by 17 June 2022.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 17 June 2022, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for almost two-thirds (65.3%) of all deaths and almost three-quarters (73.8%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (12.3% and 8.0% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (10.4% and 6.7% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- 4,650 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred in total from 18 March 2020 to 17 June 2022 (including those registered up to and including 22 June).
- At time of reporting, five Covid-19 related deaths had occurred in week ending 17 June.
- Of these 4,650 deaths involving Covid-19, 3,235 (69.6%) took place in hospital, 984 (21.2%) in care homes and 431 (9.3%) at residential addresses, hospices or other locations.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The tables and other related documents are available from the weekly deaths webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email email@example.com
- Census 2021 update 31 January 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 20 January 2023 27 January 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 13 January 2023 20 January 2023
- Labour Market Report January 2023 17 January 2023