The tables and bulletin containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 10 June 2022 were released at 9.30am today.
Date of registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 10 June 2022 (week 23) was 342, 122 more than the previous week and 60 more than the 2017-2021 5-year average (282).
- Twelve deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 23 of 2022, seven more than the previous week. These represented for 3.5% of all deaths registered in that week.
- The total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic was 4,641 by 10 June 2022.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 10 June 2022, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for almost two-thirds (65.3%) of all deaths and almost three-quarters (73.8%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (12.3% and 8.0% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (10.4% and 6.7% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- 4,643 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred in total from 18 March 2020 to 10 June 2022 (including those registered up to and including 15 June).
- At time of reporting, 3 Covid-19 related deaths had occurred in week ending 10 June.
- Of these 4,643 deaths involving Covid-19, 3,230 (69.6%) took place in hospital, 983 (21.2%) in care homes and 430 (9.3%) at residential addresses, hospices or other locations.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The tables and other related documents are available from the weekly deaths webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 17 June 2022 24 June 2022
- Public Prosecution Service (PPS) publishes 2021-22 statistical bulletin 23 June 2022
- Labour Market Statistics Newsletter - June 2022 17 June 2022
- 17 June 2022