The Quarter 2 (April to March) 2022 Registrar General Quarterly Tables were published this morning at 9.30am.
- The statistics show a provisional total of 4,077 deaths registered in Q2 of 2022. Of this total, 138 (3.4%) deaths had Covid-19 as the underlying cause. This compares with 1,177 (28.9%) deaths due to cancer, 386 (9.5%) deaths due to Ischaemic heart disease, and 439 (10.8%) due to respiratory diseases (excluding Covid-19 deaths).
- There were 52 deaths due to suicide (including events of undetermined intent) registered in Quarter 5 2022. This figure cannot be interpreted as the number of suicides occurring during Quarter 2 2022, however, due to the time delay in such deaths being investigated by the Coroner and subsequently being registered.
- It should be noted that suicide statistics for the years 2015 to 2020 were reviewed by NISRA and Coroners’ Service NI, the findings of which were published in May. To reflect the finding this release contains the revised time series of quarterly data for those years.
- A total of 2,701 marriages were registered in Quarter 2 2022, and 10 civil partnerships. This compares with 1,687 marriages registered in Quarter 2 of 2021, and is more in line with pre Covid-19 numbers for the same period. Whereas civil partnership registrations for the same period each year shows a lot of variation, even pre-pandemic.
- The number of births registered in Quarter 2 2022 was 5,053, which is continuing the slight downward trend observed before the pandemic.
Tables are available in Registrar General Quarterly Report.
- Construction Output Statistics - Q2 - 2022 29 September 2022
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 16 September 2022 23 September 2022
- Census 2021 update 22 September 2022
- Annual Report of the Registrar General (2021) 21 September 2022