The seventh set of results from the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion survey were published today by the Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency.
The main report and findings are available on the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey page.
- The vast majority of vaccinated people (93%) said that they did not experience any difficulties when going to get their vaccine.
- The most common reasons given by unvaccinated people who said that they were unlikely to have a Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine were that they were worried about the side effects (57%), they had worries about the long term effects on their health (56%), they would wait to see how well the vaccine works (50%) or they did not think it will be safe (44%).
- A quarter of people (25%) who had either tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) or who thought they may have had Coronavirus (COVID-19), said that they had experienced Long COVID.
- Just over half of people (53%) interviewed in the period April 2021 - June 2021 said that they were worried about the effect the Coronavirus (COVID-19) was having on their lives. This was significantly lower compared to any time in the period April 2020 – March 2021.
- The proportion of people who had a high GHQ-12 score, which could indicate a possible mental health problem, has decreased significantly from a high of 30% in January 2021 to 19% in May and June 2021.
- The average (mean) wellbeing ratings of people interviewed in the period April 2021 - June 2021 for ‘life satisfaction’ and ‘happiness’ were significantly higher than that reported for the period April 2020 – March 2021, signifying better wellbeing in these measures.
- Anxiety levels in the same period (April 2021 – June 2021) were also significantly lower than that reported in the previous 12 month period (April 2020 – March 2021), which is indicative of better wellbeing in this measure.
Each chart in the report is also supported by an excel spreadsheet which provides confidence intervals for each estimate. Additional tables for other variables asked in Phases 1-12 have been also been published in this release, where validated data is of a sufficient quality to release. A visual representation of these findings can also be found on the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey page.
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 1 December 2023 08 December 2023
- Winter Mortality in Northern Ireland 2022/23 07 December 2023
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023