This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q4-2019. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2019 decreased by 1.2% compared with Q3 2019 and was 1.3% lower than the same quarter in 2018. Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q4 2019 from the previous quarter was driven by a 2.4% decrease in Repair and Maintenance and offset by a 2.6% increase in New Work.
- In Q4 2019, there was an increase in Other Work (+8.3%) and decreases in Infrastructure (-18.1%) and Housing (-1.5%) compared with the previous quarter.
- Are you a user of NISRA statistics and data? 02 July 2020
- Labour Market Report June 2020 16 June 2020
- Women in Northern Ireland 2020 04 June 2020
- Working and workless households in NI: January-March 2020 03 June 2020