This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q4-2017. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2017 increased by 1.8% compared with Q3 2017 and was 3.6% higher compared to the same quarter in 2016 (Figure 1). There continues to be a general upward trend in output since 2014. The volume reported in Q4 2017 was the highest level reported in the last seven years.
- The increase in the overall output in Q4 2017 was accounted for by a 2.6% increase in New Work and a 1.4% increase in Repair and Maintenance.
- In Q4 2017, there was an increase in Other Work (4.1%). Housing output stayed at the same level while Infrastructure output decreased by 5.5%.
- Full report available here
- Labour Market Report December 2018 11 December 2018
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 29 November 2018
- Labour Force Survey Household data for NI: July to September 2018 28 November 2018
- Research & Development Headline Results: 2017 28 November 2018