Total employment and employee jobs in Northern Ireland by industry and location, published 30 June 2022
- Total employment in Northern Ireland in September 2021 was 823,672. The largest proportion of working owners was in Construction (6,112 or 14% of total Construction employment).
- The total number of employee jobs in Northern Ireland in September 2021 was 792,626, an increase of 13,573 (1.7%) since September 2020.
- The increase in employee jobs was mainly driven by growth in the Service industry (11,738 jobs) which was responsible for 86% of the total increase.
- Construction jobs continued to grow with an increase of 0.8% (289 jobs) over the year to September 2021. However, growth was lower than in the previous year (3.1%).
- The Manufacturing sector increased by 1,312 jobs (1.5%) over the year to September 2021. Manufacturing jobs remain below 2019 levels.
- All district council areas in Northern Ireland saw an increase in employee jobs except for Antrim and Newtownabbey (2.2%) and Mid and East Antrim (1.7%) which saw a decline. Lisburn and Castlereagh experienced the largest percentage increase, with 2,212 (3.7%) additional jobs.
- The statistical bulletin and associated tables are available on the BRES Publication page.
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 1 December 2023 08 December 2023
- Winter Mortality in Northern Ireland 2022/23 07 December 2023
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023