The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 15,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in April to June 2022.
- In April to June 2022 there were an estimated 15,000 young people (aged 16 to 24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 7.5% of all people aged 16 to 24 years in NI. The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 9.8%.
- The NEET rate was 8.2% for males and 6.8% for females.
- This release includes revisions to NI NEET data between January to March 2020 and January to March 2022 following the Labour Force Survey reweighting to include new population weights using PAYE Real Time Information data and the introduction of the non-response bias adjustment to NI data. More detail is contained within the ‘Impact of LFS Reweighting: June 2022’ article on the LFS background page.
NEET tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Construction Output Statistics - Q2 - 2022 29 September 2022
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 16 September 2022 23 September 2022
- Census 2021 update 22 September 2022
- Annual Report of the Registrar General (2021) 21 September 2022