It provides a government research function delivering a research programme anchored on the NI Programme for Government (PfG). The ARU team continuously engage with departmental policy leads to identify novel data linkage opportunities to take forward timely and policy-relevant research.
Most recently, the ARU research team published research on employment of those with limiting long-term illness or disabilities in Northern Ireland.
Other published research included analysis of:
- Covid-19 mortality by equality and health (December 2022);
- Other Covid-19 related mortality reports (July 2020 - March 2023);
- Knowledge of Irish/Ulster-Scots languages (August 2022)
- Mental health status of the population in employment (September 2021)
- Alcohol related deaths (March 2021); and
- Drug-related deaths (March 2020)