The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 18,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in October to December 2022.
- In October to December 2022 there were an estimated 18,000 young people (aged 16 to 24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This was 9.0% of all people aged 16 to 24 years in NI. The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 11.6%.
- The NEET rate was 8.0% for males and 10.0% for females.
NEET tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 24 March 2023 31 March 2023
- Baby Names 2022 27 March 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 17 March 2023 24 March 2023
- Working and Workless Households in Northern Ireland: October-December 2022 21 March 2023