The bulletin containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 25 June 2021 was released at 9.30am today.
Date of Registration
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 25 June 2021 (week 25) was 319, 6 more than the previous week and 48 more than the 2016 to 2020 5-year average.
- Two deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 25 of 2021, accounting for 0.6% of all deaths registered in that week and bringing the total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic to 2,981 by 25 June 2021.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 25 June 2021, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for over three-quarters (76.1%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Antrim & Newtownabbey, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (9.7%, 12.0% and 8.4% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (8.0%, 10.4% and 6.5% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- A total of 2,981 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred from 18 March 2020 to 25 June 2021 (including those registered up to and including 30 June). The comparative number of deaths reported by the Department of Health (DoH) to 25 June was 2,155.
- One Covid-19 related death occurred in week ending 25 June.
- Of these 2,981 deaths involving Covid-19, 1,974 (66.2%) occurred in hospital, 776 (26.0%) occurred in care homes, 14 (0.5%) occurred in hospices and 217 (7.3%) occurred at residential addresses or another location.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The bulletin and other related documents are available from the latest weekly deaths bulletin webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working and Workless Households in Northern Ireland: October-December 2022 21 March 2023
- Census 2021 update 21 March 2023
- Weekly Deaths Tables, Week Ending 10 March 2023 16 March 2023
- Labour Market Report March 2023 14 March 2023