The tables containing data on deaths registered for the week ending 16 July 2021 was released at 9.30am today.
- The provisional number of total deaths registered in Northern Ireland in the week ending 2 July 2021 (week 28) was 231, 67 less than the previous week and 31 less than the 2016 to 2020 5-year average.
- Three deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate were registered in week 28 of 2021, accounting for 1.3% of all deaths registered in that week and bringing the total number of Covid-19 related deaths registered from the start of the pandemic to 2,988 by 16 July 2021.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic to 6 July 2021, the 75 years and over age-group accounted for over three-quarters (76.0%) of Covid-19 related deaths.
- Over the period of the pandemic, Antrim & Newtownabbey, Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon and Mid-Ulster Local Government Districts have had higher proportions of Covid-19 related deaths (9.7%, 12.0% and 8.3% respectively) compared with their share of all deaths in Northern Ireland (8.0%, 10.3% and 6.5% respectively).
Covid-19 deaths based on date of death
- A total of 2,991 deaths mentioning Covid-19 on the death certificate have occurred from 18 March 2020 to 16 July 2021 (including those registered up to and including 21 July). The comparative number of deaths reported by the Department of Health (DoH) to 2 July was 2,162.
- Four Covid-19 related death occurred in week ending 16 July.
- Of these 2,981 deaths involving Covid-19, 1,981 (66.2%) occurred in hospital, 778 (26.0%) occurred in care homes, 14 (0.5%) occurred in hospices and 218 (7.3%) occurred at residential addresses or another location.
A weekly deaths dashboard is also available.
The tables and other related documents are available from the weekly deaths webpage
If you would like to receive alerts about Vital Statistics releases, please email email@example.com
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 1 December 2023 08 December 2023
- Winter Mortality in Northern Ireland 2022/23 07 December 2023
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2023 Quarter 3 05 December 2023
- Highest qualification level tables 2022 05 December 2023