A new booklet highlighting some key statistics for Local Councils and Northern Ireland as a whole have been released.
These statistics are available and updated regularly on the NINIS website (www.nisra.gov.uk/ninis). Some of the statistics include:
- The population of local councils ranges from 341,877 in Belfast to 116,835 in Fermanagh & Omagh (2018).
- The employment rate during 2017 ranged from 56.8% in Derry City & Strabane to 76.0% in Antrim & Newtownabbey.
- During Q3 2019, the average house price in Northern Ireland was £139,951, with Lisburn & Castlereagh having the highest average house price (£164,900).
- Average weekly earnings (full-time median) during 2019 ranged from £448 in Ards & North Down and Causeway Coast & Glens to £575 in Belfast - with the NI average being £535.
More statisitics are available within the Northern Ireland Local Council Infographics publication.
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 8th January 2021 15 January 2021
- Construction Output Statistics: Q3-2020 14 January 2021
- NI Composite Economic Index Q3 2020 14 January 2021
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 6 Results 17 December 2020