This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q4 2016. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2016 increased by 6.9% compared with Q3 2016 and was 12.8% higher compared to the same quarter in 2015.
- This latest increase continues the general upward trend in construction output that has been reported since late 2014.
- The volume reported in Q4 2016 was the highest level reported in the last five years.
- In Q4 2016, overall construction output in GB increased by 1.0% on the previous quarter and was estimated to have increased by 2.8% from the same quarter in 2015.
- Broad Economy Sales and Exports Statistics (BESES) 12 December 2018
- Labour Market Report December 2018 11 December 2018
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 29 November 2018
- Labour Force Survey Household data for NI: July to September 2018 28 November 2018