This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q4 2016. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2016 increased by 6.9% compared with Q3 2016 and was 12.8% higher compared to the same quarter in 2015.
- This latest increase continues the general upward trend in construction output that has been reported since late 2014.
- The volume reported in Q4 2016 was the highest level reported in the last five years.
- In Q4 2016, overall construction output in GB increased by 1.0% on the previous quarter and was estimated to have increased by 2.8% from the same quarter in 2015.
- 2016 Mid Year Population Estimates for Northern Ireland 22 June 2017
- Labour Market Report June 2017 14 June 2017
- Young Persons’ Behaviour & Attitudes Survey 2016 13 June 2017
- Northern Ireland Annual Tourism Statistics 2016 30 May 2017