This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q2-2022. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output decreased by 0.6% over the second quarter of 2022 and decreased by 3.9% over the year. Comparing the most recent four quarters to the previous four quarters also showed a decrease in output over the medium term (1.9%).
- Construction output is 0.4% above the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019 and is 47.9% above the series low seen in Quarter 2 2020.
- The decrease in overall output in Quarter 2 2022 from the previous quarter was driven by decreases within both New Work (0.5%), and Repair and Maintenance (0.6%).
- The decrease over the year to Quarter 2 2022 in construction output was also driven by decreases within both New Work (5.1%), and Repair and Maintenance (1.3%).
- In Quarter 2 2022, both Housing (6.5%) and Other Work (0.1%) subsectors increased over the quarter, offset by a decrease within the Infrastructure (2.7%) subsector.
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 18 November 2022 25 November 2022
- Vital Statistics User Group Meeting 2022 25 November 2022
- Drug-related and drug-misuse deaths in Northern Ireland, 2011-2021 24 November 2022
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET): July to September 2022 24 November 2022