This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q2-2020. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2020 decreased by 30.0% compared with Q1 2020, was 30.0% lower than the same quarter in 2019 and 9.3% lower on a rolling four quarter basis.
- Construction output has reached a series low in Q2 2020. Both the quarterly (-30.0%) and annual (-30.0%) decreases seen in Q2 2020 were the largest decreases on record.
- The total volume of construction output has fallen since the most recent peak in Q4 2006. While the total volume of construction output in NI was on an upward trend between Q4 2013 and Q3 2018, recent quarters have shown a drop, with decreases in 4 of the last 5 quarters.
- The decrease in overall output in Q2 2020 from the previous quarter was driven by a 32.9% decrease in New Work and a 16.7% decrease in Repair and Maintenance.
- The output in Repair and Maintenance has shown annual decreases in 5 consecutive quarters since Q2 2019.
- In Q2 2020, all 3 construction sub-sectors (Housing, Infrastructure, Other work) showed a decrease when compared with the previous quarter, where both Housing (-37.5%) and Other Work (-25.2%) have now reached series lows.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 17 June 2022 24 June 2022
- Public Prosecution Service (PPS) publishes 2021-22 statistical bulletin 23 June 2022
- Labour Market Statistics Newsletter - June 2022 17 June 2022
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 10 June 2022 17 June 2022