This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q1-2019. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2019 increased by 2.3% compared with Q4 2018, and was 7.6% higher compared with the same quarter in 2018 (Figure 1). Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The increase in the overall output in Q1 2019 from the previous quarter was driven by a 0.4% increase in New Work, which is the largest component of Construction Output.
- In Q1 2019, there were increases in Housing (+7.7%), Other Work (+0.9%) and Infrastructure (+0.7%) compared with the previous quarter.
- Full publication avaliable here.
- 2018-based Population Projections for Northern Ireland 21 October 2019
- Census rehearsal is here 18 October 2019
- Labour Market Report October 2019 15 October 2019
- NI Composite Economic Index: Q2-2019 10 October 2019