This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q1-2018. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the first quarter of 2018 decreased by 6.5% compared with Q4 2017 and was 6.1% lower compared to the same quarter in 2017 (Figure 1). This latest decrease followed four quarters in which the level of construction output has been broadly consistent.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q1 2018 from the previous quarter was accounted for by an 11.8% decrease in Repair and Maintenance and a 6.7% decrease in New Work.
- In Q1 2018, there were decreases in Other Work (9.1%), Infrastructure (7.5%) and Housing (3.1%) compared to the previous quarter.
- Full report available here
- Broad Economy Sales and Exports Statistics (BESES) 12 December 2018
- Labour Market Report December 2018 11 December 2018
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 29 November 2018
- Labour Force Survey Household data for NI: July to September 2018 28 November 2018