Employee jobs figures for Northern Ireland at District Council Area and Headline Industry, September 2020
- The total number of employee jobs in Northern Ireland in September 2020 was 779,053, a decrease of 6,817 jobs (-0.9%) since September 2019.
- The decrease in employee jobs was driven by a decline in the Service industry which fell by 6,423 jobs (-1.0%). There were further job losses in Manufacturing, which decreased by 1,958 jobs (-2.2%).
- The Construction industry increased by 1,093 jobs (3.1%) over the year to September 2020.
- The number of full-time jobs in Northern Ireland fell by 937 (-0.2%) over the year to September 2020 and the number of part-time jobs fell by 5,880 (-2.2%).
- The number of jobs occupied by females fell slightly by 0.3% (-1,276) while male jobs fell by 1.4% (-5,540).
- Of the 11 District Council areas in Northern Ireland seven saw declines in the number of employee jobs over the year to September 2020. Belfast (-4,094), Antrim and Newtownabbey (-1,697), and Derry City and Strabane (-1,405) saw the largest decline in jobs while Newry, Mourne and Down (946) and Ards and North Down (843) saw increases over the year.
- The number of jobs in the private sector decreased by 1.9% (-10,914) while the public sector increased by 2.0% (4,097).
Full details of the results can be found on the BRES Homepage
Note: These data were collected on the 7th September 2020, Covid-19 restrictions were in place in Northern Ireland at that time.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 17 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 10 September 2021 17 September 2021
- Labour Market Report September 2021 14 September 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 3 September 2021 10 September 2021