Latest Results (Quarter 4 2022) - Published 16 March 2023
- NI Services increased by 1.0% over the quarter (October – December), by 1.8% over the year and by 4.4% on a rolling four quarters basis. NI services output is now at a series high.
- UK IOS output was unchanged over the quarter and saw an increase of 1.2% over the year.
- NI Service output is now 6.2% above the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019, while UK service output remains 1.1% below its Quarter 4 2019 level.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sector increased by 4.4% while the UK services sector increased by 5.5%.
- UK services output is 1.3% below its series high in Quarter 3 2019.
- NI services output is 36.6% higher than the lowest point (Quarter 2 2020) since the series began.
- The annual increase to Quarter 4 2022 is the seventh successive quarter of increase following a period of six consecutive quarters of annual decline in the NI index.
Current publication and tables
Index of Services Q4 2022 statistical bulletin and data tables
Historical statistical bulletins for the Index of Services (Quarter 3 2014 to Quarter 4 2021) are retained on the Index of Services - historical statistical bulletins page. Statistical bulletins from Quarter 1 2022 onwards can be found under related documents.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.