Latest Results (Quarter 2 2022) - Published 15 September 2022
- Services output in NI saw a decrease of 0.3% over the quarter (April - June) and an increase of 2.7% over the year.
- UK IOS output experienced a decrease of 0.4% over the quarter and an increase of 3.0% over the year.
- NI Service output is now 4.4% above the pre-Coronavirus pandemic level seen in Quarter 4 2019, while UK service output is 1.2% above its Quarter 4 2019 level.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sector increased by 7.4% while the UK services sector increased by 6.9%.
- NI services output is now 0.3% below the series high seen in Quarter 1 2022 while the UK services output is 0.4% below its Quarter 1 2022 series high.
- NI services output is 34.4% higher than the lowest point (Quarter 2 2020) since the series began.
- The annual increase to Quarter 2 2022 is the fifth successive quarter of increase following a period of six consecutive quarters of annual decline in the NI index.
Current publication and tables
Historical statistical bulletins for the Index of Services (quarter 3 2014 to quarter 4 2021) are retained on the Index of Services - historical statistical bulletins page. Statistical bulletins from quarter 1 2022 onwards can be found under related documents.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.