Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 2 2020) - Published 17th September 2020
- Services output in NI saw a quarterly decrease of 17.7% in Quarter 2 2020, and a decrease of 23.5% over the year.
- UK IOS output also experienced similar decreases over both the quarter (19.9%) and the year (21.2%).
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sectors decreased by 7.1% whilst the UK services sector decreased by 4.9%.
- NI services output is 24.3% lower than the highest point (Quarter 3 2019) in the past ten years, and is 24.5% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began.
- The quarterly decrease to Quarter 2 2020 is the largest quarterly change in the history of the NI IOS (since Quarter 1 2005). The NI index is at its lowest point since the series began (Quarter 1 2005).
- This release captures the direct effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and measures taken to reduce transmission of the virus. The most significant was the introduction of restrictions in movement, which began on 23 March 2020. Quarter 2 2020 is the first quarter that has been affected from start to finish.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.