Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 4 2020) - Published 18th March 2021
- Services output in NI saw a quarterly decrease of 5.0% in Quarter 4 2020 and a decrease of 6.6% over the year.
- UK IOS output experienced a small increase of 0.6% over the quarter and a decrease of 7.3% over the year.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sector decreased by 9.4% while the UK services sector decreased by 8.9%.
- NI services output is 10.4% lower than the highest point (Quarter 2 2019) in the past ten years, and 11.7% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began.
- NI services output is 15.4% higher than the lowest point (Quarter 2 2020) since the series began.
- The annual decrease to Quarter 4 2020 was the fifth successive annual decrease in the NI series. This followed seven successive quarters of annual growth in the NI index between Quarter 1 2018 and Quarter 3 2019.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.