Latest Results (Quarter 2 2021) - Published 16 September 2021
- Services output in NI saw a quarterly increase of 5.5% in Quarter 2 2021 and an increase of 29.2% over the year.
- UK IOS output experienced an increase of 5.8% over the quarter and 21.0% over the year.
- NI and UK Service outputs remain 1.2% and 3.6% respectively below their pre-Coronavirus pandemic levels seen in Q4 2019.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sector increased by 2.9% while the UK services sector decreased by 1.0%.
- NI services output is 1.5% lower than the highest point (Quarter 1 2019) in the past ten years, and 4.3% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began.
- NI services output is 29.2% higher than the lowest point (Quarter 2 2020) since the series began.
- The annual increase to Quarter 2 2021 is the first increase following six consecutive quarters of annual decline in the NI index between Quarter 4 2019 and Quarter 1 2021.
- NI Index of Services Quarter 2 2021 released today https://www.nisra.gov.uk/statistics/economic-output-statistics/index-services
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.