Due to the coronavirus illness (COVID-19) we anticipate that there will be some changes in terms of our regular statistical production. See the COVID-19 and the production of statistics page for more information.
Latest Results (Quarter 3 2020) - Published 17th December 2020
- Services output in NI saw a quarterly increase of 22.5% in Quarter 3 2020, and a decrease of 3.9% over the year. This follows respective decreases of 18.0% and 22.8% over the quarter and the year to Quarter 2 2020.
- UK IOS output experienced a smaller increase over the quarter (14.2%), with a larger decrease over the year (10.0%). This follows decreases of 19.3% and 20.8% respectively over both the quarter and the year to Quarter 2 2020.
- When the most recent four quarters are compared to the previous four quarters the NI services sector decreased by 8.3% whilst the UK services sector decreased by 7.8%.
- NI services output is 5.4% lower than the highest point (Quarter 2 2019) in the past ten years, and is 7.0% lower than the highest point (Quarter 4 2006) since the series began.
- The quarterly change to Quarter 3 2020 is the largest quarterly change in the history of the NI IOS. This follows a decrease of 18.0% in Quarter 2 2020, which at the time had been the largest change seen in the NI IOS. Quarter 2 2020 was the lowest point in the NI IOS since the series began.
- The annual decrease to Quarter 3 2020 (3.9%) was the fourth successive annual decrease in the NI series. This followed seven successive quarters of annual growth in the NI index between Quarter 1 2018 and Quarter 3 2019.
Current publication and tables
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.