Domain Overview: The economy is the set of activities related to the production and distribution of goods and services. Its performance will impact everyone financially and has a direct role in people’s material conditions, for example, housing, wealth, jobs and earnings.
The 3 measures in the Economy domain are:
- Real net national disposable income per head – No NI Data Available
- UK public sector net debt as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product – No NI Data Available
- Inflation rate (as measured by CPIH) – No NI Data Available
- The measures in the National Wellbeing Economy domain are only reported at a UK level. In 2017, the real net national disposable income per head for the UK was £25,368, the UK public sector debt was 85.4% of Gross Domestic Product and the UK inflation rate, as measured by the Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers’ housing costs (CPIH), was 2.6%.
- A broad range of statistics relating to the Northern Ireland economy can be accessed at NISRA’s Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch.
Do you want to know more? – Office for National Statistics Wellbeing.
10 National Wellbeing Domains