In May 2017 after assessment by the Office for Statistics Regulation this publication was awarded National Statistics accreditation. National Statistics status means that official statistics meet the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and public value.
The latest annual tourism statistics incorporating overnight trips taken by NI residents were published on 06 June 2019. The publication, which includes additional tables can be accessed at:
The tourism module of the Continuous Household Survey (CHS) collects details of overnight trips to UK and Republic of Ireland (RoI) destinations and day trips to NI and RoI destinations.
- Continuous Household Survey (Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency website)
- Domestic Tourism Methodology – Overnight trips by Northern Ireland Residents
NISRA continually reviews its methodology and will keep users updated on any changes.
- Tourism statistics publication schedule
- Tourism statistics early indicators
- Tourism statistics archive publications
More information on data quality can be found at
More information on the quality of administrative sources can be found at
You can be kept up to date by joining our mailing list which can be done here