Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) latest results were published 14th March 2023.
The survey date for Quarter 4 was 5th December 2022.
- Latest estimates show the number of employee jobs reached a series high in December 2022 of 810,210. This was an increase of 4,460 jobs (+0.6%) over the quarter and 27,050 jobs (+3.5%) over the year compared to December 2021.
- December 2022 marked the seventh consecutive quarterly increase in employee jobs, following five quarters of decline.
- In the last five years, employee jobs have increased by 6.6% (+50,170 jobs). There has been an increase of 17.3% (+119,220 jobs) from the series low in March 2012.
- Both the services sector (660,170 jobs) and manufacturing sector (88,570 jobs) reached a new series high in December 2022.
- Quarterly increases in employee jobs were seen within the services (+3,360 jobs), manufacturing (+830 jobs), construction (+250 jobs), & other industries (+20 jobs) sectors to December 2022.
- There have been increases in all four sectors over the year to December 2022; services (+23,590 jobs), construction (+1,710 jobs), manufacturing (+1,450 jobs) & other industries (+290 jobs).
- Private sector jobs reached a new series high in December 2022. Private sector jobs increased over both the quarter (+0.6% or +3,450 jobs) and the year (+4.0% or +22,640 jobs) to 587,750 jobs in December 2022.
- Public sector jobs also increased over both the quarter (+0.6% or +1,350 jobs) and the year (+2.3% or +5,010 jobs) to 223,000 jobs in December 2022.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.