Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) latest results were published 11th September 2018
- The total number of seasonally adjusted employee jobs increased over the quarter (2,550 jobs) and over the year (15,550 jobs) to 765,100 in June 2018. Increases were experienced in all sectors over the year, with the services sector accounting for the majority (67.2%) of the growth.
- The number of employee jobs in the services sector (621,020 jobs) reached a series high in June 2018.
- Private sector jobs increased slightly over the quarter (0.2% or 980 jobs) and year (2.6% or 14,150 jobs) to their highest level (556,250) in the seasonally adjusted series.
- Public sector jobs increased over the quarter (0.5% or 1,010 jobs) and over the year (0.7% or 1,360 jobs). There are now 20,510 fewer public sector jobs than the series peak in September 2009 (-9.0%).
- In the last five years, employee jobs have increased by 9.3% (64,850 jobs) with the majority (70.6%) of the increase occurring in the services sector.
- The annualised growth rate of 2.2% between 2016/17 and 2017/18 is higher than growth rates between 2015/16 and 2016/17, but at a similar level to the growth in employee jobs between 2013/14 and 2014/15.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the publications you would like to receive.