Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) latest results were published 12 September 2023.
The survey date for Quarter 2 was 5 June 2023.
- Latest estimates show the number of employee jobs reached 813,450 in June 2023. This was a decrease of 1,370 jobs (-0.2%) over the quarter but an increase of 13,740 jobs (+1.7%) over the year from June 2022.
- June 2023 marked the first quarterly decrease in employee jobs following eight consecutive quarterly increases.
- In the last five years, employee jobs have increased by 6.3% (+47,990 jobs) to 813,450.
- Quarterly increases in employee jobs were seen within the manufacturing (+180 jobs), construction (+670 jobs) and other industries (+170 jobs) sectors to June 2023. Employee jobs within the services sector decreased over the quarter (-2,390 jobs) to June 2023, following the series high seen in March 2023.
- There were increases in employee jobs over the year within the manufacturing (+300 jobs), services (+13,560 jobs) and other industries (+610 jobs) sectors to June 2023. The other industries sector reached a series high in June 2023 with 25,000 jobs. Employee jobs within the construction sector decreased (-730 jobs) over the year to June 2023.
- Public sector jobs increased over both the quarter (+0.2% or +540 jobs) and the year (+1.3% or +2,950 jobs) to 223,750 jobs in June 2023.
- Private sector jobs increased over the quarter (+0.0% or +160 jobs) and the year (+1.9% or +10,960 jobs) to a new series high of 590,950 jobs in June 2023.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.