The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 28,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in October-December 2020.
- In October-December 2020 there were an estimated 28,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 13.9% of all people aged 16-24 years.
- The NEET rate for females and males were similar (females - 13.7% and males - 14.0%).
- The UK NEET rate was 11.3%.
- NEET's Tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 16 September 2022 23 September 2022
- Census 2021 update 22 September 2022
- Annual Report of the Registrar General (2021) 21 September 2022
- NISRA publications - update 15 September 2022