The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 21,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- In October-December 2019 there were an estimated 21,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 10.4% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 12.0% and among males was 8.9%.
- Within the UK, NI had the second lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 10.4%.
- The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 10.7%
The latest NEET Tables are available on the Quarterly Labour Force Survey - February 2020 page.
- Northern Ireland Annual Tourism Statistics 2019 22 October 2020
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 4 Results 21 October 2020
- Opportunities to work on the census 20 October 2020
- Labour Market Report October 2020 13 October 2020