The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 15,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in January to March 2022.
- In January to March 2022 there were an estimated 15,000 young people (aged 16 to 24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 7.5% of all people aged 16 to 24 years in NI. The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 9.5%.
- The NEET rate was 7.5% for both males and females.
- NEET's tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 22 September 2023 29 September 2023
- Census 2021 update 26 September 2023
- Business Register and Employment Survey, 2022 26 September 2023
- Weekly deaths tables – week ending 15 September 2023 22 September 2023