The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30 am today indicate that there were 16,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- In January-March 2019 there were 16,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 8.1% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 8.9%. The rate among males was too low to meet the reporting threshold.
- Within the UK, NI had the lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 8.1%.
- The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 10.3%
- NEET's Tables are available here
- Guidance Note to Users on Suicide Statistics in Northern Ireland 30 July 2020
- Update on NISRA Household Surveys 22 July 2020
- Labour Market Report July 2020 16 July 2020
- Construction Output Statistics: Q1-2020 16 July 2020