The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were an estimated 21,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET in April-June 2020.
- In April-June 2020 there were an estimated 21,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 10.3% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 13.5% and among males was 7.4%.
- Within the UK, NI had the lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 10.3%. (Wales was the highest, with a NEET rate of 13.9%).
- The NEET rate in Northern Ireland was slightly lower than the UK average, where the proportion of young people who were NEET was 10.8%
- NEET's tables are available on the quarterly labour force survey tables page.
- Labour Market Report May 2022 17 May 2022
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 6 May 2022 13 May 2022
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey January – March 2022 Results 12 May 2022
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 29 April 2022 06 May 2022