The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were 20,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- In April-June 2019 there were 20,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 10.2% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 12.1% and among males was 8.4%.
- Within the UK, NI had the lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 10.2%.
- The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 11.1%
The quarterly NEETs tables are available here
- Labour Market Report September 2019 10 September 2019
- Labour Force Survey - Working and workless households in NI: April-June 2019 28 August 2019
- 22 August 2019
- PPS publishes annual statistical bulletin on hate crime 15 August 2019