The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30 am today indicate that there were 16,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- In January-March 2019 there were 16,000 young people (aged 16-24) in NI who were not in education, employment or training (NEET). This is 8.1% of all people aged 16-24
- The NEET rate among females was 8.9%. The rate among males was too low to meet the reporting threshold.
- Within the UK, NI had the lowest 16-24 NEET rate at 8.1%.
- The proportion of young people who were NEET in the UK was 10.3%
- NEET's Tables are available here
- PPS publishes annual statistical bulletin on hate crime 15 August 2019
- Labour Market Report August 2019 13 August 2019
- Northern Ireland local government district tourism statistics 2018 25 July 2019
- Baby Names in Northern Ireland 2018 23 July 2019