The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- For July-September 2018 there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were not in education, employment or training; this number was an increase of 2,000 from July-September 2017.
- The percentage of all young people in Northern Ireland who were NEET was 12.6%; the proportion was up 1.3 percentage points from the same quarter last year.
- NEET’s tables are available here
- NI Composite Economic Index: Q3-2018 17 January 2019
- Construction Output Statistics: Q3-2018 17 January 2019
- 2021 Census Outputs Strategy Consultation for Northern Ireland 02 January 2019
- Christmas and New Year Opening Times 21 December 2018