The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- For July-September 2018 there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were not in education, employment or training; this number was an increase of 2,000 from July-September 2017.
- The percentage of all young people in Northern Ireland who were NEET was 12.6%; the proportion was up 1.3 percentage points from the same quarter last year.
- NEET’s tables are available here
- 2018-based Population Projections for Northern Ireland 21 October 2019
- Census rehearsal is here 18 October 2019
- Labour Market Report October 2019 15 October 2019
- NI Composite Economic Index: Q2-2019 10 October 2019