The Labour Force Survey (LFS) young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) results released at 9.30am today indicate that there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were NEET.
- For July-September 2018 there were 26,000 young people (aged 16 to 24 years) in Northern Ireland who were not in education, employment or training; this number was an increase of 2,000 from July-September 2017.
- The percentage of all young people in Northern Ireland who were NEET was 12.6%; the proportion was up 1.3 percentage points from the same quarter last year.
- NEET’s tables are available here
- Labour Market Report March 2019 19 March 2019
- The next Quarterly Employment Survey results will be published on the 19th March 12 March 2019
- Career Opportunities in NISRA 11 March 2019
- Labour Force Survey - Working and workless households in NI: October-December 2018 06 March 2019