The Quarter 3 (July to September) 2021 Registrar General Quarterly Tables were published this morning at 9.30am.
- The statistics show a provisional total of 4,294 deaths registered in Quarter 3 of 2021. Of this total, 417 (9.7%) deaths had Covid-19 as the underlying cause., This compares with 1,173 (27.3%) deaths due to cancer, 336 (7.8%) deaths due to Ischaemic heart disease, and 384 (8.9%) due to respiratory diseases (excluding Covid-19 deaths) in the same period.
- There were 37 deaths due to suicide (including events of undetermined intent) registered in Quarter 3, the majority of which (35) were deaths due to intentional self-harm. This is half the number of deaths due to intentional self-harm registered in Quarter 2 2021 (72).
- A total of 4,295 marriages were registered in Quarter 3 2021, and 12 civil partnerships.
- The number of births in this Quarter was 5,687, which is comparable to the same period in previous years, although less than Quarter 3 2020 (7,368). The inflated number of births registered in Quarter 3 2020 was due to reduced processing of birth registrations in Quarter 2 2020 as a result of the pandemic. There was a total of 33 stillbirths registered in Quarter 3 2021.
Tables are available in Registrar General Quarterly Report.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 26 November 2021 03 December 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 19 November 2021 26 November 2021
- 25 November 2021
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET): July to September 2021 25 November 2021