The latest set of results from the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion survey were published today by the Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency.
The main report and findings are available on the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey page.
- One in nine (11%) of those interviewed in the period July - September 2021 had not received a Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine at the time of interview.
- While just over half of the people concerned (55%) indicated that they were likely to take the vaccine, the remainder (45%) said that they were unlikely to do so.
- During the period July – September 2021, people were asked a question about their perception of the personal risk to them from catching Coronavirus (COVID-19). Approximately, three out of ten people (28%) felt that there was a very high or high risk to them from catching Coronavirus (COVID-19). In contrast, 41% of people considered the risk to be low or very low. The remaining 31% thought that the risk was neither high nor low.
- People interviewed in July - September 2021 who had either tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) or who thought that they might have had Coronavirus (COVID-19) were asked a further question about whether or not they had experienced Long COVID. Approximately, one in five of the people concerned (22%) said that they had experienced Long COVID with the vast majority (83%) indicating that it had negatively affected their general wellbeing. Some 62% said it had negatively affected their ability to exercise and 39% reported that Long COVID had negatively affected their work.
- Six in ten people (60%) interviewed in July – September 2021 felt that they had enough information about government plans for easing restrictions due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, whilst 40% indicated they did not.
- In the latest period July - September 2021, some 18% of people had a high GHQ-12 score, which could indicate a possible mental health problem. This was similar to the most recent pre-pandemic figure published from the Health Survey Northern Ireland for 2019-20, which found that 19% of people had a high GHQ-12 score.
Each chart in the report is also supported by an excel spreadsheet which provides confidence intervals for each estimate. Additional tables for all variables asked from April 2021 have been also been published in this release, where validated data is of a sufficient quality to release. A visual representation of these findings can also be found on the NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey webpage.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 26 November 2021 03 December 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 19 November 2021 26 November 2021
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2021 Quarter 3 25 November 2021
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET): July to September 2021 25 November 2021