The NICEI is an experimental quarterly measure of the performance of the NI economy based on available official statistics.
- Northern Ireland’s economic output increased in real terms over the quarter (0.2%) and the year (1.9%) to Quarter 4 2018.
- NI economic activity grew faster than UK GDP over the year (1.9% v 1.4%) but was the same over the quarter (0.2%).
- There was an increase in Northern Ireland’s annualised rate of growth to Q4 2018 (1.2%). This compares to 1.4% estimated for the UK over the same period. It is evident, the NI annualised rate of growth has increased over the last three years, as NI annual growth over the previous two year period (to Quarter 2 2017) was 0.5%.
- There was an increase in private and public sector growth over the quarter (0.2% and 0.1% respectively) and the year (2.2% and 0.6% respectively).
- Full report available here
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 8th January 2021 15 January 2021
- Construction Output Statistics: Q3-2020 14 January 2021
- NI Composite Economic Index Q3 2020 14 January 2021
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 6 Results 17 December 2020