The NICEI is an experimental quarterly measure of the performance of the NI economy based on available official statistics.
- Northern Ireland’s economic output increased in real terms over the quarter (0.2%) and the year (1.9%) to Quarter 4 2018.
- NI economic activity grew faster than UK GDP over the year (1.9% v 1.4%) but was the same over the quarter (0.2%).
- There was an increase in Northern Ireland’s annualised rate of growth to Q4 2018 (1.2%). This compares to 1.4% estimated for the UK over the same period. It is evident, the NI annualised rate of growth has increased over the last three years, as NI annual growth over the previous two year period (to Quarter 2 2017) was 0.5%.
- There was an increase in private and public sector growth over the quarter (0.2% and 0.1% respectively) and the year (2.2% and 0.6% respectively).
- Full report available here
- 2018-based Population Projections for Northern Ireland 21 October 2019
- Census rehearsal is here 18 October 2019
- Labour Market Report October 2019 15 October 2019
- NI Composite Economic Index: Q2-2019 10 October 2019