The NICEI is an experimental quarterly measure of the performance of the NI economy based on available official statistics.
- Northern Ireland’s economic output increased in real terms over the quarter (0.3%) and the year (1.5%) to Quarter 1 2019.
- UK GDP grew at a faster rate than NI economic activity, increasing by 0.5% over the quarter and 1.8% over the year to Quarter 1 2019.
- There was an increase in Northern Ireland’s annualised rate of growth to Q1 2019 (1.6%). This compares to 1.5% estimated for the UK over the same period. It is evident, the NI annualised rate of growth has increased over the last three years, as NI annual growth over the previous two year period (to Quarter 1 2018) was -0.2%.
- There was an increase in private and public sector growth over the quarter (0.3% and 0.2% respectively) and the year (1.6% and 1.0% respectively).
- Full report available here.
- Weekly deaths bulletin – week ending 26 November 2021 03 December 2021
- Weekly Deaths Bulletin – week ending 19 November 2021 26 November 2021
- Registrar General Quarterly Tables 2021 Quarter 3 25 November 2021
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET): July to September 2021 25 November 2021