An infographic with a selection of statistics relating to older people in Northern Ireland has been compiled to mark International Day of Older Persons 2018
- There are just over 300,000 people aged 65+ living in Northern Ireland (that’s 1 in 6 people).
- 2% of our population are aged 85+.
- 1 in every 10,000 of our population are centenarians.
- Northern Ireland had the fastest growing population aged 65+ in the UK over the last decade (2007-2017) – 25% versus 23% UK average.
- 10 years from now (2028) the population aged 65+ in Northern Ireland is projected to overtake children (0-15).
- Labour Market Report March 2019 19 March 2019
- The next Quarterly Employment Survey results will be published on the 19th March 12 March 2019
- Career Opportunities in NISRA 11 March 2019
- Labour Force Survey - Working and workless households in NI: October-December 2018 06 March 2019