This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q4-2018. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the fourth quarter of 2018 decreased by 4.0% compared with Q3 2018, and was 1.7% lower compared to the same quarter in 2017 (Figure 1). Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q4 2018 from the previous quarter was accounted for by a 0.4% decrease in New Work and a 6.8% decrease in Repair and Maintenance.
- In Q4 2018, there were decreases in Housing (-12.0%) and Other Work (-7.5%) however there was an increase in Infrastructure (+13.3%), compared with the previous quarter.
- Full report available here
- PPS publishes annual statistical bulletin on hate crime 15 August 2019
- Labour Market Report August 2019 13 August 2019
- Northern Ireland local government district tourism statistics 2018 25 July 2019
- Baby Names in Northern Ireland 2018 23 July 2019