This statistical bulletin provides users with the latest estimates of construction output carried out in Northern Ireland for Q2-2019. It excludes work carried out by Northern Ireland Construction firms in other parts of the UK or elsewhere.
- The total volume of construction output in the second quarter of 2019 decreased by 5.6% compared with Q1 2019, and was 1.5% lower compared with the same quarter in 2018. Despite fluctuations, the total volume of construction output in NI has been on an upward trend since Q4 2013.
- The decrease in the overall output in Q2 2019 from the previous quarter was driven by a 6.0% decrease in Repair and Maintenance and a 2.8% decrease in New Work.
- In Q2 2019, there was an increase in Infrastructure (+2.4%) and decreases in Housing (-10.7%) and Other Work (-5.6%) compared with the previous quarter.
- Full publication avaliable here.
- Northern Ireland Annual Tourism Statistics 2019 22 October 2020
- NISRA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Opinion Survey Phases 1 to 4 Results 21 October 2020
- Opportunities to work on the census 20 October 2020
- Labour Market Report October 2020 13 October 2020